We often get asked, how can I best flatter my natural body shape in a kaftan ? Well we’ve spoken to top stylist Lauren Michelle and she’s given us some tips quick fire, but very useful tips.
First, identify your body shape, time and time again you’ll find that if you are always dressing for your body shape then you will hit the nail on the head EVERY TIME. Its important NOT to be mislead by fashion magazines and carried away with something that simply won’t be flattering. So, identify your shape, recognise it and dress for it and you’ll be onto a winner every time :
1. Circle Body Shape – you have slim shoulders and slim legs but a rather short roundish middle. With this shape, you can obviously emphasise your great legs by drawing attention down to them with fabulous shoes or heels and you can also go a little shorter with the skirt length, Lori recommends the ‘Lila’ http://www.louisesandberg.com/resortwear/beachwear-tunics/the-lila-taupe-with-white-gold-beachwear-tunic
2. The Hourglass Shape – you have generous breasts, a slim waist and curvy hips. The biggest error here is to over complicate, so the best thing is to enhance and contour you. Lori recommends the ‘Amber’ dress
3. The Straight Shape – You have an enviably slim and athletic figure. However, this can sometimes look too sporty and in this case its important not to use too many straight lines but instead try to add feminine shapes to soften the look. Lori recommends Mini Greco
4. Inverted Triangle – You shape is heavier at the top half than at the bottom, but you still have sculpted legs. The key here is to cover around the shoulders well and have some deep or low necklines with an outfit that adds volume to the bottom half. Lori recommends the Mini Selami
5. The Triangle Shape – This is you if you have a slim waist and a slender upper half but with widening at the hips. Slim fitting top half garments that help disguise a bit from the waist down would be hugely flattering on this shape. Lori recommends the Louise full length kaftan